BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Best of 2011

Here's my very late best of 2011 post!  [disclaimer - these are only songs I've heard...and mostly only ones I like]

So, I've been working for the last month or so on compiling songs and albums that were released in 2011 that I think are the best to use in therapy.  This is by no means a comprehensive list...I don't have the time or money to review every song recorded in 2011 (my mind is reeling just thinking about it!).  And numbering them 1-10 really doesn't do justice to the individuality of clients, but here's my best shot!  I'd love to see your best of 2011 list!  Leave them in the comments!


My top albums for therapy of 2011:


1. Mat Kearney – Young Love (see review)
2. Lupe Fiasco – Lasers (only at #2 because of some language and lots of political references)
3. Eisley - The Valley (see review [I'm going to edit this one to make it more specific later])
4. Yellowcard - When You're Through Thinking Say Yes (see review)
(still struggling to decide about a few more - I'll hopefully edit this at a later date with more)


My top 10 songs for therapy of 2011 (not in any particular order):
1. Someone Like You - Adele (wonderful examples of handling heartbreak, disappointment, relationships)
2. Just Keep Breathing - We Came As Romans (if you don't like metal or screamo, this might take awhile to get used to, but look at the lyrics - it's very positive)
3. Think Good Thoughts - Colbie Caillat (see review)
4. The Show Goes On - Lupe Fiasco (review to come)
5. Paradise - Coldplay (review to come)
6. Ambulance - Eisley (see review)
7. Born This Way - Lady Gaga (I know it's gotta be controversial...but it's such a good song for self-acceptance)
8. Sooner Or Later - Mat Kearney (see review)
9. See Me Smiling - Yellowcard (see review)
10. Dream Life, Life - Colbie Caillat


My 5 favorite albums of 2011:

1. Eisley – The Valley
2. Mat Kearney – Young Love
3. Bright Eyes – The People’s Key
4. Lights - Siberia (changed 4/9/12)
5. Colbie Caillat – All of You


My 10 favorite songs of 2011:

1. Eisley – Ambulance
2. Mat Kearney – Down
3. Colbie Caillat – Brighter Than the Sun
4. Bright Eyes – Jejune Stars
5. Coldplay - Paradise
6. Eisley – Mr. Moon
7. Mat Keaney – Young Dumb and In Love
8. Eisley – I Wish
9. Christina Perri - Arms
10. Zee Avi - Anchor

(as you can see, most of those are from the Eisley album – can’t help it!  It’s a fantastic album)

So tell me, what were your favorites of 2011?
[Also, next review to come should be on Lupe Fiasco's Lasers!  Hopefully by next week!]

0 comments: