BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Two Door Cinema Club - Tourist History

Artist: Two Door Cinema Club
Album: Tourist History
Released: March 1, 2010
Genre: Indie Rock


First impressions: I didn't realize this was released in 2010!  For some reason, I thought it was a 2011 album.  Also, there's a cat in the artwork, which is definitely a plus.  And in looking up the release date, I found out this band is from Ireland!  I never would've guessed that.

When I got this album, I felt like I kept hearing that this album was SO good, and seemed worth a buy.  I knew that most of my clients wouldn't care for it, but I had a few I thought might choose one of these songs.

I really do like the album, although the sound has a bit too much of an 80's vibe for my taste (I like very few 80's songs...it's something about the timbre...) and a LOT of repetition, but I know that type of sound really appeals to some people!  I'm going to bet college students are going to like this type of music the most.

So, onto the therapeutic review!  I think most of these songs could be used for self-expression, but in the end, I think I feel pretty lukewarm in terms of using any songs therapeutically.  The most usable one seems to be What You Know.  Some seem to be positive and encouraging (in This Is the Life: [one year, 5 days/We're starting new/Try to make a change/It's one more thing to do, to do]), but only in a few lines in the song.  In the end, I would provide one or two of these songs in my book of lyrics for clients to choose, but probably wouldn't use the songs unless I had a client who really loved this band.

0 comments: